Key financial data as of Q2 2020:
Our financial transparency provides our customers and partners with confidence that the company is well managed and well capitalized, with ample resources to continue to innovate and lead the industry forward.
- Total assets: $10.9 billion
- Total customer equity: $3.9 billion
- Available cash and liquidity*: $832 million
- Regulatory capital excess: $198 million
* The repayment of our Convertible Senior Note due 2022 is excluded given the long-dated maturity of this convertible note.
Safety of Customer Deposits
The safety of customer funds is very important to GAIN Capital. All futures customer deposits are kept in segregated bank accounts that are designated for the exclusive benefit of GAIN Capital customers. Every bank we use holds an investment-grade rating and is monitored as per the guidelines set by the Risk Committee of GAIN Capital's Board of Directors.
This customer segregation protection is a core principle of the futures industry and a principle that GAIN Capital strongly upholds. By properly segregating customer assets, the customer assets are available to be returned to the customer in the occurrence of a distress event by the broker. As a business practice and regulatory requirement, GAIN Capital holds an excess amount of its own money in the segregated accounts.
As required by futures regulations, GAIN Capital customer funds are subject to real-time electronic confirmation. GAIN Capital performs a detailed reconciliation of customer equity on a daily basis to ensure the customer funds are properly segregated and the computation is submitted to regulators each day.
Strong Regulatory Framework
Other Regulators of Our Affiliates
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK
- Financial Services Agency (FSA) in Japan
- Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) in HK
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) in Australia
- Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC)