|1 to 40 contracts||41 to 50 contracts||100% Over 50 contracts|
|Micro S&P (MES)||$75.00||$250.00||$1,320|
|Micro Nasdaq (MNQ)||$100.00||$300.00||$1,650|
|Micro Dow (MYM)||$75.00||$250.00||$1,045|
|Micro Russell (M2K)||$75.00||$250.00||$638|
|1 to 15 contracts||16 to 30 contracts||Over 30 contracts|
|1 to 10 contracts||11 to 15 contracts||15 to 20 contracts||100% Over 20 contracts|
|Emini S&P (ES)||$750.00||$1,000.00||$3,000.00||$13,200|
|Emini Nasdaq (NQ)||$1,000.00||$1,250.00||$3,000.00||$16,500|
|Emini Dow (YM)||$750.00||$1,000.00||$3,000.00||$10,450|
|Emini Russell (RTY)||$750.00||$1,000.00||$3,000.00||$6,380|
|1 to 5 contracts||6 to 10 contracts||Over 10 contracts|
- Treasuries – 30yr Bond, 2yr-5yr-10yr Notes, Eurodollar
- Currencies – British Pound (6B), Japanese Yen (6J), Euro Currency (6E)
- Metals – Gold
- Grains – Corn, Soybean, Wheat, Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil
- Indices – FTSE 100, Mini-DAX
- Energies – Micro Crude Oil (MCL)
- 50% initial margin up to 20 contracts.
- Any customer with more than 20 contracts, all contracts will be margined at 100%.
- Energies – Crude Oil (GCL)
- 50% initial margin up to 10 contracts.
- Any customer with more than 10 contracts, all contracts will be margined at 100%.
- 50% initial margin up to 5 contracts.
- Any customer with more than 5 contracts, all contracts will be margined at 100%.
- All other markets will be at 100% Exchange Initial Margin.
- At 3:30 pm CT, all margins will be at the 100% level. For all Crude Oil contracts, overnight margins will be at the 125% level.
Please be aware that your account must be at full required margin at the 3:30 pm CT or your account may be liquidated.
As always, manage your risk! Contact your broker immediately should you have concerns regarding your account.
Notice: The following parameters are in effect for all Cryptocurrency contracts
- Authorization is required to trade Cryptocurrency products. Please contact your broker who will request authorization from StoneX Futures risk department.
- Day Trade Margins 7:00 am CT – 3:30 pm CT – 100% of Exchange Initial Margin
- Overnight Margins 3:30 pm CT – 7:00 am CT – The customer must have 150% of the Exchange Initial Margin to carry the position overnight. If they do not, they will be required to offset the position.
- Weekend Margins on Friday’s 3:15 pm Close – The customer must have 150% of the Exchange Initial margin to carry the position over the weekend. If they do not, they will be required to offset the position.
Notice: The following Margin Requirements are in effect for NYSE FANG+ Index Futures
- Max Position Limit per account is 5 contracts, front-month only. All other expirations are prohibited from trading.
- Day Trade Margins 8:30 am CT – 2:50 pm CT – $1,000 per contract and is subject to change should the market dictate.
- Although the market closes at 5 pm CT, volume is currently concentrated to the NYSE/NASDAQ trading hours. The customer must have 100% of the Exchange Initial Margin to carry the position past 2:50 pm CT. If they do not, they will be required to offset the position.
Please note: The day margins listed below are superseded by the policy above.
The above information was drawn from sources believed to be reliable. Although it is believed that information provided is accurate, no guarantee is made. StoneX assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
- Initial margin and day trade values are updated daily at 7:00 am CST.
- Monday-Friday server maintenance is between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm CST. In addition, we do schedule major updates after the close of business Friday through Saturday. The system will be available at a minimum of 1 hour prior to the pre-market open on Sundays.
- Liquidation Procedures
- In accordance with the Margins section 4 of the Customer Agreement and Disclosures document, StoneX reserves the right to liquidate any commodity positions in your account at its SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION without prior notice. Clients are responsible for monitoring their positions and are financially responsible for any losses generated by open positions.
- Without limiting the foregoing, StoneX generally liquidates open positions if the client’s Equity-to-Margin ratio (as defined below) drops below 5%, or the account Net Liquidating Value (NLV) drops below $500.00 (whichever comes first). For accounts with only micro e-mini futures positions, a liquidation may occur when the Net Liquidating Value (NLV) drops below $75.00. In such instances, your account may be locked, open positions may be liquidated, and if our risk management staff liquidates your position due to inaction on your part, a liquidation fee will apply. StoneX’s current liquidation fee is $50.00 per contract.
- Your “Equity-to-Margin ratio” is calculated by dividing your NLV by Initial Margin (IM).
- Day-Trade margin parameters will be brought to full exchange Initial Margin requirements at 3:30 pm CST. For any customer that entered a position using day-trade margins and has not offset their position prior to 3:45 pm CST, the positions MAY be liquidated.