Due to volatility in the market, please see the below margin requirements:
- Micro Indices – 8 am CT to 4 pm CT
|Micro contracts||1 to 20 contracts||21 to 30 contracts||31 to 40 contracts||100% – over 40 contracts|
|Micro S&P (MES)||$100.00||$250.00||$400.00||$1,320.00|
|Micro Nasdaq (MNQ)||$125.00||$300.00||$500.00||$1,760.00|
|Micro Dow (MYM)||$100.00||$250.00||$400.00||$1,045.00|
|Micro Russell (M2K)||$100.00||$250.00||$400.00||$638.00|
- Micro Indices – overnight
|Micro contracts||1 to 30 contracts||over 30 contracts|
|Micro S&P (MES)||50% of initial||100% of initial|
|Micro Nasdaq (MNQ)||50% of initial||100% of initial|
|Micro Dow (MYM)||50% of initial||100% of initial|
|Micro Russell (M2K)||50% of initial||100% of initial|
- E-mini Indices – 8 am CT to 4 pm CT
|Emini contracts||1 to 5 contracts||6 to 10 contracts||11 to 15 contracts||100% – over 15 contracts|
|Emini S&P (ES)||$750.00||$1,000.00||$3,000.00||$13,200.00|
|Emini Nasdaq (NQ)||$1,000.00||$1,250.00||$3,000.00||$17,600.00|
|Emini Dow (YM)||$750.00||$1,000.00||$3,000.00||$10,450.00|
|Emini Russell (RTY)||$750.00||$1,000.00||$3,000.00||$6,380.00|
- E-mini Indices – overnight
|Emini contracts||1 to 10 contracts||over 10 contracts|
|Emini S&P (ES)||50% of initial||100% of initial|
|Emini Nasdaq (NQ)||50% of initial||100% of initial|
|Emini Dow (YM)||50% of initial||100% of initial|
|Emini Russell (RTY)||50% of initial||100% of initial|
- Treasuries – 30yr Bond, 2yr-5yr-10yr Notes, Eurodollar, Currencies – British Pound (6B), Japanese Yen (6J), Euro Currency (6E), Metals – Gold, Grains – Corn, Soybean, Wheat, Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil, FTSE 100, Mini-DAX
- 50% initial margin up to 20 contracts.
- Any customer with more than 20 contracts, all contracts will be margined at 100%.
- 50% initial margin up to 5 contracts.
- Any customer with more than 5 contracts, all contracts will be margined at 100%.
- All other markets will be at 100% Exchange Initial Margin.
- At the 4pm CT close, all margins will be at the 100% level.
Please be aware that your account must be at full required margin at the 4pm close or your account may be liquidated.
As always, manage your risk! Contact your broker immediately should you have concerns regarding your account.
Important information from CME Group:
Read about Limit Up-Limit Down: CME Group Price Limits
- A price limit is the maximum price range permitted for a futures contract in each trading session. When markets hit the price limit, different actions occur depending on the product being traded. Markets may temporarily halt until price limits can be expanded, remain in a limit condition or stop trading for the day, based on regulatory rules.
- U.S.-Based Equity Index Futures Price Limits: Frequently Asked Questions
Floor traded products: CME Group to Close Chicago Trading Floor as a Precaution
- All products will continue to trade on CME Globex as they do today.
- Protection Point for each Individual product can be found in the CME Globex Product Reference Sheet, Row W
Equity-related futures products will be impacted by NYSE events
Read about Circuit Breaker and Limit Up-Limit Down rules at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE): U.S. Equity Market Resiliency During Times of Extreme Volatility
Frequently asked questions:
- Can I place orders when the stock market is halted?
- No, orders will be rejected. You will see a message “Orders may not be entered while the market is paused ExchangeRejectCode = 1003“
- I’m getting rejected when placing orders?
- The rejection could occur if the order price violates limit up or down prices. You will see a message “Order price is outside the limits ‘Bid/Ask of XXX.xx violates High/Low Limit of XXX.xx’ ExchangeRejectCode = 2137“
- The day margin you may be used to has been temporarily increased. You will see a message “Not enough liquidity to cover margin.“
- Market orders may not be supported when there is a Limit Up-Limit Down. You will see a message “Market price orders not supported by opposite limit ExchangeRejectCode = 2013“